Day 62

I'll write about "close reading" soon; it's something I'm very interested in, but want to devote more time to it and--hopefully--I can come up with a fun name that doesn't sound like "close talker."

But, as a lead-in to it, I'll say this: I plan on dedicating much of 2007 to reading James Joyce's "Ulysses." I'm going to dive in with as much supplementary material as I can, and only tackle small portions at a time so I can 1) enjoy it, and 2) actually--maybe, possibly, hopefully--understand it.

And when I say much of 2007, I mean spend 10 to 12 months on it.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 11/06/2006 11:54:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

I have been reading Ulysses for about five years now.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Brandon Zangus said...

if you get tired of reading it just use spark notes.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger James said...

Just carrying it around with you will make you 5% smarter/more pretentious in most peoples eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home