Day 60

Russ beat me to it, of course, but I feel the need to chime in.

The season finale of Dodge Intrepid and the Pages of Time was a blast. I echo all of the good points that Russ points out: fun, not crass, lovely pokes fun at the area. And I support the guys because they're my friends.

But Russ pointed something else out tonight, during one of the intermissions--the format of the show (radio serial) requires all of the humor to be dialogue-driven. That seems to be a rare thing these days, and the Dodge Intrepid gang does it quite well. I also noted during their last performance in September that the humor is woven more into the plot, something that was even more present this time around. Puns and witty dialogue are fun on their own, but when they're used to move the story along...that's even better.

So, here's a salute to Mike, James, Dan and Mike the Tall. And a salute to everyone that supports them; local comedy--especially good local comedy--is something that Beaver Countians (is that a word?) should cherish and encourage.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 11/04/2006 10:46:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger RVWarren said...

HA! I win.

Hey, when are you guys opening?

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, seriously, when are you guys opening?

hah... heard my roommate got a call from you! (about work...yeah)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home