Day 55

Today was my first official day as manager of Beaver Falls Coffee & Tea Company (BFC&T, "bifcat" to some). All I can say: wow!

Since I have yet to move to College Hill, I got up early (well, earlier). I like this, and I hope to get up earlier each day for the next few weeks; this will not only prepare me for getting into the coffee shop around 5 a.m. when we are open, but it also gets me up early so I can get ready to type the NaNoWriMo challenge in a few days. Exciting!

I spent a good portion of the day working on the employee handbook. I'm not done with it yet, and it will undoubtedly need some revision, but that still took up a good chunk of time. I also helped Bethany with phone-number hunting, and then we went to a local gardening center/greenhouse to buy some shrubs for the outside of the shope. We'll probably work on landscaping later this week, which will rock.

I even ate lunch at Sub Palace. I haven't had a sub from that place in at least two years. Boy, do I miss eating there.

It's very different from any other job I've had. I know in a few weeks, when we're open, I'll be handing hot cups of addictive liquids to people. I can't wait for it! But until then, I'm enjoying the change of pace; this is very different from the retail experience I've built up over the last eight years, and I don't mind that one bit.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 10/30/2006 05:24:00 PM,

4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

---Judo CHOP---

anyways, my blog has changed adresses its now @ waitandhopeblog.blogspot.com

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love working on projects. hope you're having fun!

I have two exams tomorrow (being tuesday) and then i'm pretty available if you wanna hang out or if you want me help with anything.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Al said...

you made me really hungry for sub palace... o well i guess my cereal will have to do as a replacement for now.

I'm glad to hear that things are moving along. I'm sure these next few days will be pretty crazy and draining, but rewarding.

I just am excited that this is really happening...you'll love a local coffee shop a lot more than a franchised one!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Buddy Chamberlain said...

You should see if my brothers are lookign for a roomie. Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home