Day 55

Today was my first official day as manager of Beaver Falls Coffee & Tea Company (BFC&T, "bifcat" to some). All I can say: wow!

Since I have yet to move to College Hill, I got up early (well, earlier). I like this, and I hope to get up earlier each day for the next few weeks; this will not only prepare me for getting into the coffee shop around 5 a.m. when we are open, but it also gets me up early so I can get ready to type the NaNoWriMo challenge in a few days. Exciting!

I spent a good portion of the day working on the employee handbook. I'm not done with it yet, and it will undoubtedly need some revision, but that still took up a good chunk of time. I also helped Bethany with phone-number hunting, and then we went to a local gardening center/greenhouse to buy some shrubs for the outside of the shope. We'll probably work on landscaping later this week, which will rock.

I even ate lunch at Sub Palace. I haven't had a sub from that place in at least two years. Boy, do I miss eating there.

It's very different from any other job I've had. I know in a few weeks, when we're open, I'll be handing hot cups of addictive liquids to people. I can't wait for it! But until then, I'm enjoying the change of pace; this is very different from the retail experience I've built up over the last eight years, and I don't mind that one bit.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 10/30/2006 05:24:00 PM,

6 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

---Judo CHOP---

anyways, my blog has changed adresses its now @ waitandhopeblog.blogspot.com

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Wow! For a second I thought that the BFC&T had opened up when I wasn't looking. Very glad you're enjoying your change of pace.

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love working on projects. hope you're having fun!

I have two exams tomorrow (being tuesday) and then i'm pretty available if you wanna hang out or if you want me help with anything.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Big Al said...

you made me really hungry for sub palace... o well i guess my cereal will have to do as a replacement for now.

I'm glad to hear that things are moving along. I'm sure these next few days will be pretty crazy and draining, but rewarding.

I just am excited that this is really happening...you'll love a local coffee shop a lot more than a franchised one!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Philip said...

Hey, Jason. If you're looking to move closer to BF, I'm planning on moving to PGH and we have no one to take our old apartment.

If you're interested, email me (strongbad4pres@hotmail.com) or post a comment on my LJ (ramz711.livejournal.com).

Later.

-Ramsey

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Buddy Chamberlain said...

You should see if my brothers are lookign for a roomie. Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home