Day 57

Today was long, if anything, but wonderful at the same time. I got up earlier than normal (6:30) to start my National Novel Writing Month challenge: my goal for the day was 1667 words (or more). I only had around half that by the time I needed to leave for the Warrens/BFC&T.

I ordered tons of espresso gear for the shop (which was a surprising--almost ridiculous!--amount of fun), then spent the next 6 or so hours helping Bethany plant trees and bushes in front of the house. I tried to add a bit to my novel (I had e-mailed myself the second part), but didn't get far.

Then I had to work at the bookstore--er, calendar kiosk-- for the rest of the night. It was fairly dead, but I managed to keep myself busy by reading snippets of the hardboiled detective novel I brought along. I got home not too long ago, and--amazingly--finished up the rest of the NaNoWriMo goal for the day. And then some--I'm at 1765 for the night.

I'm going to watch "Lost" in a moment and eat dinner, then hit the sack and get up early again. The best part is that I feel better than I've felt in (physically and, interestingly enough, emotionally) well over a year.

Again, if you missed it, I have two chapters for my NaNoWriMo novel here.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 11/01/2006 11:13:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

i thought about doing the novel thing, but i'm trying to finish a screenplay, so that'll be my goal for November...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home