Day 61

Why do I talk about myself so much? That's rhetorical; I know why, but I never want to admit it. I unconsciously barge into conversation with stories or non sequitors about me, even when I could make an equally valid contribution without resorting to injecting my name into the mix.

I saw someone doing something similar this morning. It was obnoxious; it was also like looking into a mirror. I've been shown so much over the past week to show me how unwisely I use words, how I speak without thinking, exaggerate, use hyperbole like it's going out of style, and how vanity dictates much of my speech. I pray that I can speak or write when it's called for, and to do so wisely. I'm sick of how often my mouth opens only to draw attention to me.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 11/05/2006 11:48:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mouth only opens every day, so that people will look at me.

oh wait... that's what everyone does. that's why extraverts and who they are and introverts aren't?
i'm 11 extra and 9 intro according to leadership. eh... (this "paragraph" isn't making any sense)

i don't think you're a person who likes to attract attention to yourself, but maybe i just don't hang out with you enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home