#19- on zombies and Aeropresses

Oddly, these are two things on my mind.

Regarding zombies-- I'm currently reading "the Zombie Survival Guide," by Max Brooks. That's Mel Brooks' son, for the record. It's a fake handbook, one aimed at preparing the reading for zombie outbreak. It's a riot; the writing is deadpan to the nth degree, parodying (and pairing) zombie film culture with wilderness/military survival guides. I'm hoping to get a copy of his newest book, "World War Z," a novel based around fake interviews with survivors of a zombie world war.

Re: the Aeropress (link changed for viewing pleasure)-- This is an inexpensive, small and creepily stylish coffee maker. Made by Alan Adler, of all people. Yes, the inventor who designed the Aerobie frisbee. I guess the Aeropress is regarded as a joke by many in the coffee industry. Their loss. It makes a fine cup of Americano--a fine, fine cup--with almost zero clean-up. I think we (as in BFCaT) will sell them; they're perfect for college students, since all you need is ground coffee, hot water and some arm muscles. Hopefully we can provide the coffee. Now, I still plan on using press pots and vacuum brewers for most of my drankin', but this'll join my trinity of fine coffee prep methods.

Russ asked if zombies can go in the Aeropress. Someday, Russ, someday....

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 9/24/2006 05:09:00 PM,

5 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Twixmixy said...

being automatically critical of websites almost completely diminishes the Aeropress by just looking at their site.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

Hey Bro,
That aeropress is pretty funny. I just started working at a local coffee shop in Ambridge so it's fun to see something like that. I'll have to check it out. Speaking of coffee shops what's happening with all that stuff? When are you guys going to be up and runnning? Well anyways I know I've said this before but we need to hit up the backdoor sometime soon. Peace.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Huh, Janet. That's a shame you think that way. Maybe people that will look past the surface will enjoy it.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Twixmixy said...

i'm sure most will and thank goodness for that.

adding to john double time: yes, what day will the coffee shop be open? and next saturday we're going to the backdoor tavern. (so both of you should go then! hah)

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger RVWarren said...

Yeah, what day is the coffeeshop opening? I'm especially curious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home