#15

Very interesting and well-written article here. If you're too busy to read it, uh, you're part of the problem (or something like that).

I actually think about this often; I work in/manage a book store, after all, and I get to see first hand what folks read. I know the demographics are different for each region blah blah blah, but I do dwell on it more than a normal person would. I see who buys what, what sells, and what doesn't sell. And what I know is that yes, there may be many folks out there that read a lot for pleasure--and read often--but they are few and far between.

And only a small percentage of these readers (which is a small percentage to being with) actually read something worthwhile. Blah blah blah elitist blah blah. Sure, maybe; but it is possible to read something for fun that is exciting AND well-done AND good for discussion. Reading as escapism just isn't a good thing.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 9/20/2006 10:44:00 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home