#14

I've been thinking lately about how easy it is for my word choice to poorly reflect my beliefs. It's really easy to do, and I won't try to elaborate on this because I know that 1) most of you reading this can relate, and 2) I have five minutes to finish typing this.

I'm really trying to watch what I say. I've been cursed with a desire to talk, all of the time. This is bad. I'm trying to chose my words more carefully, too; even some colloquialisms, like "good luck" and "works like a charm," are now on my DON'T USE list. They're just words, you might say. Whatever. I'm realizing I don't necessarily agree with the basis for the phrases, though, so I'm trying to be more tactful with my wordage.

And this goes for a lot of things. I just pray that I can keep this goal in my head for longer than 30 seconds, and to actively strive to use language that fits instead of any ol' thing.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 9/19/2006 11:39:00 PM,

5 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Buddy Chamberlain said...

that's why I swear. Most swearwords are more poignant and make more sense than their "substitutes". Additionally, it's part of the cutlural "dialect" I'm around these days.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Twixmixy said...

RED FLAG: buddy is using dialect incorrently and trying to make it okay by "quoting" it.
It would be in your best interest to ignore this sort of spam in life.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger RVWarren said...

Jason, good luck.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Buddy Chamberlain said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! You may be on to my plot, but you'll never catch me!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

i agree. i talk too much and say too little.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home