Day 253-- CDs I'm trying to ditch

So the CD purge is almost complete. I have the ones I'm going to keep; a few more I know I'll be able to trade in for cash at FYE, and a stack that FYE doesn't seem to want. So maybe--just maybe--my friends will want them?

If you see something here you'd like, I'll take a dollar for it. If you want to offer more, I'm game, but I have no desire to take more than three dollars for a CD. That feels like robbery (especially considering some of the--eek!--CDs).

Many of these are obscure; not only did I make it a goal to get every CD by a band I liked, I would also scour used CD stores for stuff that looked interesting. Sometimes it work, sometimes it didn't. I wanted to link all of the titles to info about the albums or write up some layman's blurb for each band ("summer-y country rock!" "angry girls from the '90s!" "terrible local emo!")...but this is just too much work right now.

(PS--one or two, maybe just Keith or Scott, might question why I'm getting rid of my favorite CD...it's because I have another copy of it!)

Here they are:


the Afghan Whigs-- Black Love
the Afghan Whigs-- 1965
the Afghan Whigs-- What Jail Is Like (EP)
Ass Ponys-- the Known Universe
Belly-- King
Better Than Ezra-- Deluxe
Better Than Ezra-- Friction, Baby
Better Than Ezra-- How Does Your Garden Grow?
Frank Black-- "Men in Black" single
Buffalo Tom-- Sleepy Eyed
Built to Spill-- the Normal Years
the Cash Brothers-- How Was Tomorrow
Catchpenny-- Dajom
Cheap Trick-- Cheap Trick (1997)
Harry Connick Jr.-- She
Cousteau-- Cousteau
Cousteau-- Sirena
the Damnwells-- Bastards of the Beat
the Delusions-- Keeping Up Appearances
the Dismemberment Plan-- Change
Jeremy Enigk-- Return of the Frog Queen
John Hiatt-- Y'all Caught?
Howlin' Maggie-- Honeysuckle Strange
Howlin' Maggie-- Hyde
Hum-- Electra 2000
Nash Kato-- Debutante
Mark Lanegan-- Bubblegum
the Lemonheads-- Come on Feel the Lemonheads
Lost & Found-- Something
Lovedrug-- Rocknroll EP
Marcy Playground-- Marcy Playground
J. Mascis & the Fog-- Free So Free
J. Mascis & the Fog-- More Light
the Mighty Mighty Bosstones-- Let's Face It
Mr. T Experience-- Alcatraz
Pavement-- "Shady Lane" single
the Polyphonic Spree-- "Have a Day" single
Pop Unknown-- If Arsenic Fails, Try Algebra
the Posies-- Amazing Disgrace
the Posies-- Dear 23
the Posies-- Success
Presidents of the United States of America-- Presidents of the United States of America
the Ravonettes-- Pretty in Black
the Rentals-- Return of the Rentals
Semisonic-- Feeling Strangely Fine
Sleep Station-- After the War
Sloan-- Pretty Together
Sloan-- Smeared
Smashing Pumpkins-- the Peel Sessions
Smoking Popes-- Born to Quit
Soul Asylum-- And the Horse They Road in On
Soul Asylum-- Let Your Dim Light Shine
Spacehog-- the Chinese Album
Spacehog-- Resident Alien
Starflyer 59-- I am the Portuguese Blues
Starflyer 59-- Old
the Stone Roses-- Second Coming
Ken Stringfellow-- Touched
Superdrag-- Headtrip in Every Key
Superdrag-- Regretfully Yours
Super Furry Animals-- Phantom Power
Swag-- Catchall
Matthew Sweet-- Girlfriend
Matthew Sweet-- Inside
Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs-- Under the Covers Vol. 1
Sweet Water-- Superfriends
that dog.-- Retreat from the Sun
They Might Be Giants-- the Spine
Urge Overkill-- Saturation
Urge Overkill-- the Supersonic Storybook
various artists-- DGC Rarities Vol. 1
various artists-- Live from 6A: great musical performances from Late Night with Conan O'Brien
various artists-- Teleconned (Vol. 1. We Want the Airwaves)
Versus-- Secret Swingers
Versus-- Two Cents Plus Tax
the Verve-- "Gravity Grave" import single
Wilco-- "Shot in the Arm" import single
Denison Witmer-- Of Joy & Sorrow

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 5/16/2007 08:43:00 PM,

6 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Jason! I would gladly give you dollars for the Afghan Wigs - Black Love and the Raveonettes... then again, if you highly recommended something to me from your list, you could probably get a few more dollars out of me.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Martin said...

They Might Be Giants, Lost & Found (speedwood rules!) and John Hiatt have to be worth a buck apiece. Will you ship to Seattle?

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Al said...

hey i will give a dollar next week if you could hold for me:

Matthew Sweet (your favorite, which you have a copy of already)
Built to Spill
Denison
Wilco

but if you think they are not worth it, then we can chat. I maybe don't know a whole lot about these albums but I enjoy the artists themselves. Either way, we will talk next week when I am in town.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I will definitely ship to Seattle, Martin--I just ask that you pay the postage (which shouldn't be much).

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

i would gladly give you two dollars for your remaining matthew sweet cds

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger ninjapus said...

Hey, I'd love to get your copy of Hum-- Electra 2000... How can I do so?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home