Day 244-- Three Rivers Arts Festival

While checking a few things online this morning, I found an interview with members from the band Wilco. I really enjoy their music, and recalled seeing them two years in a row at the Three Rivers Arts Festival. And I thought, "Oh, the Arts Festival!"

The Arts Festival always seems to slip off of my mind's radar shortly after it happens, the blip reappearing a year later as the festival is scant weeks away. I just checked out the website for the festival; apparently, the musical acts are going to be announced today.

I've gone to the Arts Festival the past four years. In addition to a week's worth of free (for the audience at least) concerts, there are lots of booths with some interesting (at worst) to pretty good art. Plus food and lots of other attractions, all spread out over downtown Pittsburgh and Point State Park. At no cost.

The musical acts are always good: I've seen Andrew Bird, Wilco (twice!), Aimee Mann. Plus there plenty of great acts I've missed, from folk to country to rock, and some blues, jazz and zydeco mixed in.

One of my best memories was meeting up with an impressive crowd of Geneva alum, most of whom I didn't realize would be there, and then going to a great Indian restaurant after the show with Andrew Heffner and some of the underground Christian coffee-types in Pittsburgh. I can't believe that was almost a year ago.

So be warned: many of those reading this will be prodded by me to come. And you'll want to, trust me.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 5/07/2007 01:38:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Al said...

thanks for posting this. I'm really looking forward to this time of year! SOO good. I as wondering who was going to be playing... here's to hoping!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger ~greg said...

keep me posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home