Day 243

With summer creeping near, I've had more thoughts about porches. More specifically, reading on porches. I have two--possibly three (see note*)--porches in my life, and I really want to read on them more often.

Porch one: Beaver Falls Coffee & Tea Co.
Pros--in nice location, has really comfy loveseat, in view of pretty flowers and college campus, can see and talk to people easily. Cons-- can see and talk to people easily, can see and hear smoke-belching dumptrucks easily.

Porch two: 3521 4th Ave. rear porch
Pros--in nice location, great for inclimate weather, has pretty backyard, connected to house I'm living in. Cons--possible lack of human interaction, weird lighting at night, doesn't have chairs that are easy to doze off in.

*(Porch three is the FRONT porch of 3521 4th--but it basically gets saturated with a layer of filth daily because of the tractor-trailers...if you can keep after it, it could be a possibly nice reading/dozing-off porch.)

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 5/06/2007 11:20:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Al said...

porches are my number one idolized necessities of a house (not sure if that sentence works). For more than just ascetics, it's about reading, greeting, and being outside. For three summers I feel in love with porch reading and porch thinking--one of the most memorable times of my life. How I miss and long for a porch. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home