Day 245--the summer mix CD

Since it feels like it skipped directly from winter to the early stages of summer, I want to make a mix CD with lots of willowy, breezy songs. The sort of songs that make you want to swing your hammock a little more as the sun sets. If (and this is a big if, since I still don't have my CD burner hooked up) I get the CD made, some copies may be made.

Any suggestions?

A few tunes I have on deck so far:
-"Summertime," the Fire Theft
-"My Blue Window," Elvis Costello
-"Hello Hawk," Superchunk
-"Summer Teeth," Wilco

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 5/08/2007 11:56:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

July, Innocence Mission... Karen Peris may be the willowiest.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Al said...

I would say Andrew Bird, he has the whistle that is perfect for the summer time. Also...
-Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald, "summertime"
-Ani Difranco, "both hands"
-Harrod and Funk, "Lion's Song"
-Nick Drake, "Saturday Sun"

these have been some favorites for me over the year, as far as sitting in hammocks and falling half-a-sleep as the music dances in the breeze...

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

Jason,

try Breathe Owl Breathe. they might be pretty close to what you're looking for

 

Post a Comment

<< Home