Day 86-- on cozy spaces (and other things)

My new place is modestly sized. I like that. My new room is actually sort of small. I also like that. I like little places where I can curl up, grab a book and feel like the walls are keeping me company. If I have too much space, I'm bound to fill it with junk; if I have very little space, I'm bound to keep it clean. I've made a few trips to my room, skipping out of BFC&T on my lunch break and lugging boxes of books from my car trunk, up the stairs, into my lair. I love it in there. I keep thinking of cleaning out the window sill, possibly hanging Christmas lights, framing Ansel Adams photos to dot the walls.

On the coffee shop front, today went from miserable (late getting there, massive sinus headache, bad mood) to joyous (had a blast with Russ/Bethany/Charlie/Megan/Tammy/Anne/baby Olivia, had the much-anticipated countertop installed, got all of our beans, got our blender, calibrated the espresso machine settings). I can't say enough at how happy I am with our employees; not only are they funny, hard-working and smart, but they're all showing signs of having servant's hearts. It was like everything clicked at once today, and it left me swooning.

Well, swooning until I worked at the mall afterward. I fell asleep standing up again.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 11/30/2006 10:52:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason! you need your sleep!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Congrats on the new place! Also congrats on the countertop and beans and blender and such. Glad to see that everything looks like it's working out for you!

So I'll be coming home December 22. I want to stop by your coffeeshop, so let me know when I can stop by and find you.

Also, have fun at the calendar kiosk. Hah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home