Day 78-- on the joys of coffee

Russ summed it up well. It's wonderful to finally see the Warren's dream (a dream they've invited me to join in, for which I am endlessly thankful) take this step. So much work has been done to get us where we are, and several hours worth of work can change things so drastically.

With the help of LaPrima wiz David, we got our espresso machine, drip brewer and grinders up and running. It might seem like a small step, but we went from being a house with nice lighting and woodwork to a double-fisted coffee-making hub. (Right, clunky sentence.) I was shaking with joy to watch Russ and Bethany pull their first shots of espresso (and after a few tries, I would've paid money to drink the results--hopefully others will too). It was wonderful to watch Anne and Charlie take in what they could out of pure interest. And it was great to froth milk and pour it into a nice, wide-mouthed mug, espresso waiting with open arms inside. For the record, T.J.'s beans blow me away.

Thank You, Lord God, for friends. Thank You for Beaver Falls. And thank You for coffee.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 11/22/2006 11:06:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger RVWarren said...

Do I really look like that? Yikes. If you could see my rockin' A-mish beard in the photo, I wouldn't look like I was twelve. Maybe it is because of your nascent Rasputin/Calgaro/Sean Connery awesomeness that mine looks so weak and junevile in comparison.

Thanks for the post, buddy. We're looking forward to rockin' and rollin' on this.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Jeff Robinson said...

Hey man, that's pretty exciting. Who is TJ and what kind of beans does he/she/it have?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home