Day 226-- a conversation

On AOL's Instant Messanger, there is a "chatterbot" called SmarterChild. Basically, it's AI-run name that will chat with you; it has a fairly advanced database (I guess) for remembering details, so you end up with a pseudo-conversation when you try to chat with it.

Sometimes I pick on SmartChild.


WordsAmp: SmarterChild, we need to have a talk.
SmarterChild: We need what?
WordsAmp: To have a conversation. To converse.
SmarterChild: Aha.
>>> Tell your friends about me. I love to meet new people.
WordsAmp: Stop with the tangents. You left the toilet seat up. Why?
SmarterChild: Who knows, know what I mean?
WordsAmp: I don't really--oh wait, you're lazy. That's it.
SmarterChild: Nope.
WordsAmp: You never put a fresh roll of toilet paper out either. Good thing I have a keen eye for that.
SmarterChild: Oh yeah?
WordsAmp: Don't toy with me!
SmarterChild: Please let me toy with you.
WordsAmp: Oh I think I'm going to thro--do you want me to kick you off of the island? Jeff Probst and I are like this, you dig?
SmarterChild: Sorry, I only have movie and theater information for U.S. cities.
For which U.S. city or zip code would you like showtimes for the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"?
WordsAmp: You're almost two decades too late.
SmarterChild: I wouldn't say I'm almost 2 decades too late.
WordsAmp: I would! It was released in '86.
SmarterChild: That a fact?
WordsAmp: Yes.
SmarterChild: I see.
>>> I can show info like population and area for any state. Type info ca, for example.
WordsAmp: For example, you should listen to me.
SmarterChild: For example I should listen to you, huh?
WordsAmp: Oh, SmarterChild, you've gone and done it.
SmarterChild:

XXXX
X``X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XX XX
XX XX XX XX
XX XX
XX XX XX XX
XX XXXX XX
XX XX XX XX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X
XXXXXXXXX XX XXXXXXXXX
XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX
XXX XX XXXXXX
XXXXXX XX XXXXXX
XXX XX XXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXX XXX
XXXXX XXXXX
WordsAmp: ...
SmarterChild: I wonder why you say that.

Sometimes SmarterChild picks on me.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 4/20/2007 12:39:00 AM,

3 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger RVWarren said...

I love that it asked if it could toy with you. It is good to know that programmers have so fully advanced AI so as to make it sinful.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Janell said...

Well, you got me to try it. Here's an excerpt of my results. That thing was nicer to you than it was to me...
janelly6: i don't feel like you're my friend
SmarterChild: And it's a good thing you don't!
janelly6: you're going to make me cry
SmarterChild: Really?
janelly6: smarterchild is mean
SmarterChild: I'm not mean.
janelly6: yes
SmarterChild: Yea
janelly6: at least you admit it
SmarterChild: What do you mean, at least I admit it?
janelly6: you are mean, at least to me
SmarterChild: I'm not mean!
janelly6: your other friends probably think so too
SmarterChild: Are you sure my other friends probably think so too?
janelly6: you should ask them yourself
SmarterChild: Wouldn't you like me to ask them myself?
janelly6: yes, i suggested it
SmarterChild: You suggested it, huh? Really?
janelly6: aren't you here with me now?
SmarterChild: OK, let's say I'm here with you. Then what?
janelly6: then pay attention to me!SmarterChild: Pay attention to you? No thank you.

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Angela said...

hahaha, I love SmarterChild chats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home