Day 218-- 25 Books That Leave a Legacy

Or what USA Today thinks, at least.

As a list-maker, these types of stories fascinate me. You can tell when a newspaper or magazine is trying to churn out copy to fill blanks ("25 Books That Scare Our Children!") Keeping the in a 25-year limit was probably a smart move too--at least for the audience. ("WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THESE OLD BOOKS. WHO IS KING JAMES SUN TZU?")

Of course I don't agree with everything on the list, but some of them are pretty accurate. #2 is weird, since they picked it for what it represents and not the book itself. I definitely haven't read everything there, and only like maybe--let's see--five books tops.

Have any thoughts? What gaping holes do you spot, or what did they get spot-on?

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 4/11/2007 09:40:00 AM,

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger RVWarren said...

I agree about #2. Lame.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Brandon Zangus said...

I lost your cell number...we need to catch up. Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home