Day 222-- the arm thing

I've recently become much more aware of what I call "the arm thing." Maybe I could call it the "guy arm stretch thing," but I would only do that if I wanted to be ridiculous. More so than I am now, at least.

You know to what I'm referring: man seats himself, man proceeds to extend limbs as far out as possible, man takes up a ton of space. Score more points if man is next to woman-friend or spouse, score another point if they're hoarding an entire church pew in their mammoth space-taking.

This drives me nuts. I don't know why, especially since a few good friends do it all of the time. I'm not too big, nor am I too tiny, but I always try to take up as little space as possible when I'm around people. Maybe that's why I--by default--squeeze as far into the corner as I can in a pew, or just use the edge of a table in a restaurant to make room for everyone else.

But whatever. I saw someone in church today doing the arm thing in such an obnoxious manner that I avoided looking in his direction; I was fearful that I would laugh. Dude was taking up an entire pew! It looked like he was doing a freaky exercise before church!

I wonder if the arm thing connects to personality at all.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 4/15/2007 03:52:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but I was one of the only people in the choir loft!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home