Day 190

I woke up pretty early yesterday, ran some errands and--in a moment of inspiration--ran over to Geneva's campus. I wanted to ask my friend Chris about something, which then led to me talking to Dr. Hanna for a while.

As my feet left Ferncliffe stairs and hit sidewalk, I paused. I wanted to read the novel I'm currently plowing through; my house was out, since my housemates are back and I just can't concentrate there, and the coffee shop was out since I tend to just want to talk to people when I'm there. And I thought about going out to eat as an excuse to read, but....

The answer was looming over me. Since I was already passing as a student (GC t-shirt, messenger bag, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed), I headed directly into McCarthney library and--after shedding coat and bag--sat and started reading.

This worked.

Though I dozed off a few times in the two hours I stayed there, I managed to read a nice chunk of the novel (it's almost 800 pages, though, so it can stand many more chunks taken out). I wonder how this may work with the students back as they've resumed classes today. But before I meet with my pastor today and eventually go to work, I think I may swing by the library again to see if this could work in the long run. I think it can.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 3/14/2007 09:47:00 AM,

4 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I have been in the greater Beaver Falls area since Sunday, stopped in the coffeeshop twice since then, and have yet to see you. I do hope that will be remedied soon. Perhaps I just have really awful timing, or, even more likely, you've learned to predict my movements and are avoiding me. Either way, one of these days before I leave (on Sunday) I'm going to catch you off guard and actually see you.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Evie Hemphill said...

I made the trek up to third-floor Fern Cliffe to talk to Dr. Hanna yesterday too. He really shouldn't have been there, considering it was still spring break, but he was of course...and as usual I left his office with a bit more spring in my step and a bit more determination.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Evie Hemphill said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger RVWarren said...

I used to do exactly what you are doing. The thing that I did wrong was to not schedule time for it. I don't mean in the sense of giving it just an hour on some rigid time table, but of saying "On Tuesday I'm going to the library to relax in the afternoon". Without doing that, I found that my days were packed and I miss that place (especially since I also had a tendency to fall asleep there).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home