Day 176

This is definitely a filler sort of post--I'm pretty tired, and haven't had much time to formulate a legit entry.

I have a really, really hard time figuring out what I read next when I finish a book. I wring hands, fret, pace around. OK, maybe not--but I can't just casually grab a book off of the shelf. I tend to avoid the monsters sitting on my shelf (City of God, Ulysses, China Mielville's Iron Council) and go for other books. I think I'll still be avoiding those books years from now (well, except for Ulysses, since 2007 is the year I will read that book).

To save some time and trouble, I'm just going to make a list of eight books. Those eight books will be the next eight books that I read, no questions asked. Here goes.

Rob Jovanovic-- Big Star: the Short Life, Painful Death and Unexpected Resurrection of the Kings of Power Pop
Dan Simmons-- the Terror
Henry Van Til-- the Calvinistic Concept of Culture (alliteration!)
Andrew Beaujon-- Body Piercing Saved My Life: Inside the Phenomenon of Christian Rock
Susanna Clarke-- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
Dashiell Hammett-- Red Harvest
N.T. Wright-- Simply Christian
Arthur Phillips-- the Egyptologist

There. It's a good mix of fiction and non, theology and history, hard-boiled crime and historical horror.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 3/01/2007 12:40:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home