Day 167-- catching up

-- I have a new proofreading job. Here's hoping I treat it better than this 'blog.
-- New idea for the 'blog: like Nick Hornby, I'm going to do a monthly review of what I read. I'll still do individual reviews, but I'll cover what I bought that month and what I read. This will include some of the books I choose not to review in depth (like theological books). It'll be fun!
-- The online role-playing game campaign in which I've taken part for the last year and a half is probably going to be wrapping up pretty soon. This hit me hard today. I've invested a lot of time and creative juice into this, and it was worth it; some, most that read this even, may not understand that emotions I have regarding this, but it's basically like creating a character in a novel and spending a lot of time thinking and writing about them, watching them grow on the page. Letting go is hard.
-- After spending a significant amount of time walking around downtown Pittsburgh this past weekend, I've decided to do this more often. It's a great place--I have a big gift certificate to use on the various theaters in the Cultural District (and no one to go with, boo hoo); there are wonderful restaurants galore; great museums; etc. So, the next time some I have a free day....

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 2/19/2007 11:39:00 PM,

5 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Hey Jason! How's life?

Another fun thing on the Internet for you:
http://www.threadless.com/product/
746/A_Voyage_of_Discovery

Thought you'd like. Enjoy!

Take care! Happy Mardi Gras!
Peace,
Stacey

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Al said...

I love walking around the city tooo. Part of me wanted to leave everyone and just walk around over the weekend. But that was not going to happen. I want to spend more time down there too.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

I am a fan of the theatre...you can take me.......Um, sorry.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Like others, any time you want to do some strutting around Pittsburgh, let me know!

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may sound a bit nerdy but I get a lot of energy just being in the city. Things feel "more alive" to me, if that makes sense. I'm sure there are many who would go with you and I am one of them. Hope you are well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home