Day 169-- on walking at night

I want to walk more at night. It's quiet, and College Hill is lovely enough that when the sun sets none of the charms slip away with the light. And it's walking, not running; when I jog I tend to think more about running than anything else. I want to be able to think, pray, watch what's happening around me, maybe listen to music.

I meant to start last night, but by the time I finished writing and figuring out a Crooked Fingers song on guitar, I was ready to sleep. So what needs to change? Well, mainly trying to do as much as I can before I work. I do not like getting up late, so to fulfill this desire I can probably just go walking as soon as I'm done with work. Another thing I'd like to see change is the current weather. Not that I hate it, but I can walk fine when it's warm or cold and snowy, but not when it's slushy and wetwetwet. I feel like everywhere I turn there's a Slip n' Slide waiting to launch me out into a dangerous intersection.

But regardless, it's time to start. If you see me playing air guitar in the distance like no one is watching, keep out of sight so I don't have awkwardly pretend I'm not.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 2/21/2007 12:45:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Evie Hemphill said...

Enjoyed the slip 'n slide analogy...I just came in from taking some necessary documentation pictures down at the stadium which is full of slush everywhere, and the whole time I thought I was going to die AND break the college camera--alarming realities with which to grapple. So be safe. Never run with scissors, never walk with cameras, and don't trust the slush.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

Hey Jason, one of the best ways of seeing the city is by walking the city steps that intersect the hills surrounding downtown. I grew up right downtown and I always loved the different steps and their unique views. Theres a great "tour" book of some of the best steps in Pittsburgh. You might want to check it out, alot of fun.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Brett said...

I like walking at night around college hill because it feels like the world belongs to you and no one else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home