Day 173-- a short plug

My great friend Luke has kept his literary magazine under the radar for some time, but now it seems he's getting the word out. He and I discussed it months ago; frankly, I'd forgotten about it until the other day, and it was almost perfect how he brought it up again this weekend when he visited Beaver Falls.

Seems that it's going to be in PDF, since doing a print version will be cost prohibitive. He also needs submissions: submit, folks. I'm hoping to submit a short story; about what, I really don't know. I've grown fed-up with "serious literary fiction" of late, so I might take some of what I learned from Flannery O'Connor this month and create a character, let them breathe, and turn them loose on the page.

Back to the lit. mag--check the guidelines on the side and get to it. Luke has a pretty good idea for some grassroots promotion, so hopefully this thing will take off!

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 2/25/2007 11:35:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Luke, what is his connection to the Kenyon Review (as my wife is an alum), and what is his "mission" for the work. I have some pieces that have one foot in philosophy and a toe in literature that may be interesting for people. Wondering if this will "fit."

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, really, I am very curious.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lack of response makes me very sad and may just drop my self-esteem score by six points.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home