Day 164-- Jubilee

I'll be at the Jubilee conference in Pittsburgh this weekend, volunteering at the Hearts and Minds book table.

I can't believe this is the third year that I've done this! I vividly remember much from last year, and I'm staggered that it was a year ago. The late-night set-up, the conference, the tear-down, discussing books with Sarah Carleton, dozing off in a chair while reading Don DeLillo's Underworld, wondering when Olivia Warren would greet the world, talking coffee with Larry Bourgeois, running around Pittsburgh with the Richards and Warrens looking for food (and digging into pizza in a posh hotel room), watching Scott C. steal an acoustic guitar away from a pack of college kids and noodle Bedhead songs, chatting with Gideon Strauss at the book table, Scott calling me to tell me that he was standing behind Pauly Shore in the Hilton check-in line, seeing Pauly Shore make a fool of himself in the hotel pub, grouping with the rest of the RPs at the back of the main conference room during a few CCM songs, learning much from Byron Borger (a man who continues to be an inspiration to me), wandering around the parking garage in a hobbled attempt to find my car, hanging out with Jeff Robinson and some other Geneva kids on the GC floor. And hundreds--thousands--of college and post-college Christians furthering to live their faith in every aspect of their lives.

And these are just a few of the memories. Here's to a thousand more.

(I might not post again until this upcoming Sunday; if that happens, I'll make up for the day missed.)

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 2/16/2007 01:06:00 AM,

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Gideon Strauss said...

It was good to see you! Pity we did not have any long conversations ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home