#6

There are some words and phrases that I like, ones that aren't common in everyday chit chat. I don't drop 10-cent words in all of the time, mostly because I can't pronounce them, but once in a while I dip into my swirling, chaotic mind and draw out some of the following:

"juxtaposition;" "careen;" "careen wildly;" "mottled husk;" "harrowing;" "Marshall Crenshaw;" "black as a moonless prairie night;" "elaborate" (as in a verbal command); "kibosh;" and "placate."
I would list more, but I have to get to work.

I'd like to hear some of your uncommon word choices.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 9/11/2006 12:48:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

i'm a big fan of "clusterfuck"

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Buddy Chamberlain said...

My profession has introduced me to a whole new collection of acronyms and terms that mean very little outside of it. They also tend to contain a lot of swear words. Hahahah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home