Day 287-- water-only Tuesdays

Yesterday, my friend Megan told me how she had started "water-only Mondays;" she and a friend would not eat the entire day, nor would they drink anything but water. "It's a way to detox," she said. Purge the system.

So I thought I would give water-only Tuesdays a try.

It went surprisingly well. While the hunger pangs passed around 2 p.m., I had a small piece of watermelon ("water"--get it? tee hee) and a pastry later in the evening. This was to ward off the dizziness that had set in. It wasn't too bad of a start, though, and I did drink the eight cups of water that I'm told you're supposed to drink daily.

I might try to make a habit of this, but at the very least I want to drink more water more often. I feel refreshed and clean.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 6/19/2007 09:44:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger ~greg said...

not to sound crass, but this is also known as the spiritual discipline of fasting...my advice pray everytime you feel hunger pangs, and not that the hunger will go away for you but for someone who actually starving elsewhere.

Now, don't you go get a whip and start scarring up your back:-)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Well, I didn't call it fasting for a reason--since I wasn't doing it in that sense. Similar ingredients don't always make the same cake, or somesuch.

Maybe I should just fast and be done with it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home