Day 282-- covers that are better than the original

As some charming, suave guy I know (I think his name is Keith?) once said, some musical artists I know seem to exist solely so better bands can cover their material. (The main example we agreed on was the Rolling Stones, but I digress.)

But occasionally, a great artists will have their great song redone by someone else and it's even better. You may think I'm nuts, but Dolorean's version of the late Elliott Smith's "the Biggest Lie" is amazing.



While the hushed paranoia and lo-fi jittering of the original was captivating, the fact that Dolorean turns this into a whispery, almost bouncy late-night jaunt blows my mind. And I can't deny it--I love the band, and I love Al James' voice (especially since both and and I have very similar singing styles).

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 6/14/2007 03:22:00 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home