Day 285-- my own medicine

One of my flaws is that I mistake brevity for irritation or avoidance. Say someone is not as chatty as they could be--I read this as, "Oh, well, I'm just being a pain, I guess." Rest assured, I'm aware that I do this and I've been getting better at not doing it. And someday soon I won't do it at all (Lord willing)!

But in the meantime, I will be as brief as I can. I have a number of reasons for this, most of them not related to whatever neurotic tic I have. It will still help me, I believe; the less that comes from my mouth means I can listen and think more, and hopefully show me that not talking doesn't necessarily mean anything other than less words are being used.

So if you want to see me as something other than a motormouth, here's your opportunity.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 6/17/2007 10:42:00 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home