Day 270-- it's been close to a year and a half...

...but I finally tied the last loose ends of a short story idea off. It came from a song title; the basic premise wrote itself, in a way, as did the characters, climax, resolution and so on. But there were several plot points that I never resolved, and they were ones that were vital to the plot.

The story didn't really get anywhere because of this, so I tucked it away in the back of my mind. Every time I thought about submitting a story for a publication or something of the ilk, I'd pull the story idea out for a moment, remember why I tucked it in that neglected bookshelf in my skull, and put it back.

But no longer. I think I'm going to submit it to Luke's wonderful project. The working title--still unchanged since Sept. '05--is "Aria Largo."

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 6/03/2007 01:50:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home