Day 194-- a real conversation with my dad

I talked to my parents on the phone tonight, and this was approximately how the conversation went when my dad had the phone.

Me: Dad, you sound tired.
Dad: No, I'm just...pondering. Have you ever done that? Ponder the universe?
Me: Oh, you know--
Dad: This is the latest thing, I can't wrap my mind around it. Quaker Steak and Lube has these all-you-can-eat nights, on Tuesday--?
Me: Right.
Dad: --and all the kids go there, eat all of these wings, thousands of wings--
Me: Yeah.
Dad: Chickens have two wings. How do they use the rest of the chicken?
Me: ...
Dad: They can't possibly use, like, all of those chickens--
Me: Maybe the, uh, grocery sto--
Dad: --and I really doubt that they can turn the rest of the chicken into chicken wings. Because you can't do that.
Me: I--uh, right.
Dad: I just don't understand.
Me: ...
Dad: I need to figure this out.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 3/18/2007 09:58:00 PM,

8 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger RVWarren said...

A further question is where boneless chicken wings come from. Wouldn't those just be flaps of skin on the side of the chicken, a genetic abnormality? Is the rest of the chicken boneless, or does it have a cartilage structure like a shark? A shark-chicken? They would terrorize the sea and land, but not the air since they don't have bones in their wings...we must soon learn to live like the Jetsons is we hope to live at all...

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Evie Hemphill said...

Yikes, those are some big thoughts, tough questions -- enough to cause sleepless nights. And I don't know if wings will ever taste quite the same again...

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger James said...

The rest of the chicken is shipped to Peter Gabriel for video making purposes.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Brett said...

I feel the innocence of my youth slowly slipping from my grasp...

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No james- the chickens in the "Big Time" video have their wings intact. They ARE though missing their heads.

Does Quaker Steak have an "all you can eat chicken head" night?

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger RVWarren said...

"Does Quaker Steak have an 'all you can eat chicken head' night?"

Only when Ozzy Osbourne is in town.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I should make more posts like this.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger ~greg said...

Your dad should be a consultant. Sharing his wisdom and probing questions to the masses. Definetly making more money than the current producers of crap reality TV shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home