Day 154-- on a book club idea

After a failed (crashed, burned, still smoldering) attempt at an online book discussion, I'm ready for another go-around. But with a real, live, sit-down-and-talk type of book club.

Since I live around lots of people who read, this shouldn't be too hard. I'm thinking of something casual, but still focused enough. And--to steal the small group mantra we toss around a lot at church--I would want the club to be something that I would shift my schedule around for.

It wouldn't have to be something as structured as the standard book club affair ("everyone buy the book, read such and such chapter this week..."); passing a sole copy of something around and getting together at a coffee shop (coughBFC&TCo.ugh) to chat about it for a bit seems like an awesome thing to do.

Ooo! And it can be fiction! And people that don't get to read much (I have a few of you in mind) can join, with not a lot of time commitment! This will work! I want it to work!

Will you help make it work?

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 2/06/2007 11:09:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

dude im in

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Twixmixy said...

depends...
what book? hah
i'm all up for a fiction book...
a fun one... i really want to read the second Eragon book...

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Chris said...

i'm in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home