Day 150-- on rediscovering music

I enjoy finding music that I liked a lot but--for whatever reason--let slip from my memory. In a sense, this is on par with discovering wonderful new music.

I was humming a tune the other day and couldn't peg it; after a while, I realized it was a Damien Jurado tune from his "rock" album I Break Chairs. I hadn't listened to that record in, like, two years. So I popped it in, and in 40 or less minutes, was completely blown away by a set of songs that I completely forgot existed.

That flood that accompanies this is sublime, the wash of memories and harmonies that etch the same smile on my face that I wore the first time I heard these songs.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 2/03/2007 12:09:00 AM,

2 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Al said...

I love this album and Damien Jurado. I just talked about him today in the shop. I'm curious to know what song it is that you were humming?

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Jason said...

That song would be "Inevitable."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home