Day 149-- on movies that make me cry (thanks, Brett)

Stolen from my comrade in arms.

-Magnolia
-Cinema Paradiso (during the "cut footage" scene, I can't control myself)
-Children of Men (based off of one viewing...don't know if it would happen again)
-Gunga Din (for those that haven't heard of it, it's one of the best-regarded "pure" Hollywood adventure movies...the ending is a great example of brotherly love and respect that I weep and weep and weep)
-Glory
-Grave of the Fireflies (<---definitely the winner)
-Raiders of the Lost Ark (Hey, I was seven and the Nazis' faces were melting. You would cry too.)
-My mom and I were definitely bawling at the end of the Sixth Sense a few years ago.

Lots more...can't think of them all.

As a bonus, BOOKS that make me cry:

-Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson
-The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
-the Old and New Testaments

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 2/01/2007 11:40:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't cry much- but I have my own version of it- tight throat, tingly neck, etc. The sixth sense was on some cable network this weekend. After three times and with commercial interruptions- the end still gets me.

Even with all its little inconsistencies I think it is an amazing film-

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

wimp. the only movies that make me cry are rambo and missing in action with chuck norris.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

try reading the brothers k by david james duncan. guaranteed to change your life. and make you cry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home