Day 315-- a window by the road
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
I have two glass-block windows in my little basement room, both having a portion that can be opened to the outside. This is pretty neat, except--
- I hear--quite loudly--every car, truck, tractor trailer, motorcycle, ambulance, police car, rickshaw, go cart, bicycle, wheelbarrow and Power Wheel that goes by.
- Amplify this a million times when the streets are wet.
- I hear the skater gangs go by. They would make a sailor blush.
- SIRENS OH THE SIRENS.
- You can conceivably look through the slit and see Jason sleeping. This isn't creepy, not one bit.
posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 7/17/2007 11:39:00 PM,
- At 5:06 PM, Karissa said...
I empathize. My apartment is on the "ground floor," which is a nice way of saying basement. While it stays nice and cool, which subsequently keeps my electric bill nice and low, the windows make me feel like I'm in a fish bowl. I have venetian blinds, but honestly it is creepy. Plus my windowsills are always dirty, no matter how frequently I scrub them...
No, sir, not creepy one bit. Yikes.