Day 312-- '80s cover update

So the Beaver County Times ran a story about next Saturday's amazing show. This alarmed me for two reasons:

1) The Times gave the wrong date. They said it was tonight--oops. About 10 people showed up at the shop tonight over the course of an hour; they thought they had missed it when they didn't see a crowd. I told them the correct time.

2) This was publicity, which means people will be there. I should actually learn these songs.

Here's what I'm doing (this list is different from the one I tossed around earlier in the week):
-"Caribbean Queen" (Billy Ocean)-- I just nailed down a mournful version of this in C# minor. It's going to be amazing.
-"Dancing in the Dark" (Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band)-- I have this one down too. I'm going to just play it with a slightly fuzzed electric guitar, ala Billy Bragg. I love the song, but have never memorized--or even TRIED to memorize--all of the lyrics. Hope I can this time!
-"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" (Cyndi Lauper)-- Haven't tried yet, but this shouldn't be too bad.
-"Theme from Ghostbusters" (Ray Parker Jr.)--The wildcard. If I can't figure this out, I'll learn...
-..."Drive" (the Cars)-- Easy and coffee-shop ready.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 7/15/2007 12:11:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home