Day 304-- my new book-reading gameplan

Looking at my book collection today, I was amazed at how many book I own and haven't read (the total it close to 160 or so at the moment). And no matter how hard I try to stop myself, I tend to gain books faster than I read them. So I have a solution.

In two easy steps:

Step one-- read the next few books that I've mentally set aside to read: finish A Severe Mercy (Sheldon Vanauken) and What Saint Paul Really Said (N.T. Wright), then plow through the Death of Adam (Marilynne Robinson), the Inimitable Mr. Jeeves (P.G. Wodehouse) and end with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (J.K. Rowling) when it's released in a few weeks.

Step two-- READ AS MANY SHORT BOOKS AS I CAN. Not that this will help in the long run, but it'll at least heavily reduce the number of unread books I have. I do want to tackle Atonement (Ian McEwan), Little Women (Louise Alcott) and Ulysseus (James Joyce) before the end of the year, but that's not hard.

I think most of the shorter books I haven't read in my collection are novels, so I guess I'll be reading a lot of fiction over the next few months.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 7/07/2007 01:59:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home