Day 138

"I don't have time to read."

I hear this a lot. I don't get it. I'm well aware that some people are very, very busy (I work for two of them). But they still manage to read non-required texts. So, since it's easier to construct than an essay, I'll list a few suggestions for people who can't find time to read.

As a post-script, I again reiterate that there are plenty of people that have so much on their plate that even thinking about reading is a laugh. But you might not be as busy as you think you are--honestly. This especially can apply to students; I know someone that had 20 credits his senior year of college, was involved in multiple extracurricular activities, hung out with friends, watched movies, went on trips, worked a 20-hour job outside of school and still managed a book a month. You can do it too!

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 1/21/2007 10:31:00 PM,

4 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Twixmixy said...

i'm a small time gap reader, but it has to be something really... entertaining to me. like right now i'm reading Eragon. So entertaining that i love to pick it up for 10 minutes at a time.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Brett said...

Sorry Jason, I was too busy to read your post but I'm sure it was insightful and stuff...

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Al said...

I'm a bed reader...a chapter a night. I have found rejuvenation in novels nowadays. Does reading children's books count??

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Zach said...

Thank you, now maybe I can find the time to finish the five different books I've started, and desperately need to complete before they're rendered into ash, completely out of date, or made into movies. See you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home