Day 127-- on bridging friendships

I've always felt great pleasure in seeing friends I know from one clique become friends with friends from other cliques. I've always had friends I consider closer than others, and circles I might rest in more often, but I'm a fairly cliqueless person. Or at any rate I just bounce around more than most.

Whatever. I think, though, that I am blessed with the ability to bring people together. It's like a low-impact version of what Scott Calgaro has. Sometimes I'll see two friends talking, laughing together, and a few hours later it'll hit me that they're friends because I intentionally invited both of them such and such invent because I thought they'd be good friends; or, maybe selfishly, I might force friends from one group into another, if only because I think both groups would be great friends together.

It doesn't always work; some people just don't like each other, and old friendships die, and some circles were never meant to intersect. But still, if you're friends with me, it's possible you'll be friends with some of my other friends eventually. Just let it happen; it'll be easier that way.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 1/10/2007 11:18:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know what to think of cliques... i feel it always has a bad connotation(?) in most opinions. i guess some would see Patterson as a clique, so in that case i really don't think negatively of them at all. because it is a great place to rest in and grow together.

/ramble

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Stop thinking of the term as negative, in that case. Patterson is one of the most amazing collection of loving, caring people I've seen--it's like concentrated awesome. We often give words the connotation we want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home