Day 123 & 124-- the worst feeling I've ever experienced / scattered thoughts

I've been pretty sick the past day or so, hence no post yesterday. To make up for it, I'm doing two posts today. Makes sense.

------------------------------------

I got sick Saturday night. I was feeling a bit off a good portion of the day, but things started going downhill drastically before the end of the night. I won't go into details too much, but I had a 24-hour virus that had hit several other friends over the past week.

I woke up around 4 a.m. this morning, staggered to the bathroom, swayed woozily. I felt like I had to again vomit. But as I stood slightly hunched, I started getting dizzy. Like, very, very dizzy. And I felt like I was about to throw up, but nothing was happening. And a high-pitched whine filled my ears. And things started to get weird. I was so dizzy and lightheaded--more than I've ever been in my life--that everything was spinning, and I kept trying to vomit, but nothing was happening. Weird, disconnected thoughts started to flood my mind--about the ambulance shrieking down the street in the movie Bringing Out the Dead, about the Super Mario brothers. There was so much pressure in my head that I started staggering backward. I then did the only thing that made sense: I called out--loudly--to God for help. And then I blacked out.

I woke up on the bathroom floor about an hour later; I figured I had just crumpled to the floor and fell asleep, since I vaguely remember that. I remember mouthing Psalm 146. And I remember getting back up and going to bed. And I've been getting gradually better since.


------------------------------------

--I was going to have a review of Children of Men (the movie, not the novel) up, but it'll probably be a few days. Need to straighten my thoughts out a bit; I liked it a lot, but it's a very "chewy" movie and one that's hard to encapsulate in a shorter 'blog review.
--Anyone want to see Pan's Labyrinth with me? It's opening in Pittsburgh on 19 January.
--MySpace cracks me up, but not in a 'ha-ha' funny kind of way; this is especially in regards to the ads that take up 1/3 of your screen at any given time. Most of them are either "help Bimbo #1 wash the car and win a ring tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "find true love." And by "find true love," they mean, "get hooked up with skanky women." Which makes the men even remotely considering clicking the link questionable at best.
--Eating only saltine crackers for a day is awesome. Not.
--I'm really liking candles. I got two candles from Yankee Candle a few weeks ago and I don't want to stop burning them.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 1/07/2007 11:47:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day.... I trust that your tomorrow will be much better!

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shoot me an email about "pan's," there are a few us that can be nerds together:-)

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Nice thoughts on MySpace... reminds me of a blog entry I wrote a while back, you may enjoy it: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/MikeRubino/015707.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home