Day 93-- on the first snow

It snowed this morning. It was beautiful, lazily walking down to the ground. The neon light from our "OPEN" sign cut through white-plumped darkness like a lighthouse. But our "soft" opening is another story, one I won't tell.

I will say, however, that with the first snow comes some other things. Like folks driving overly cautious (not in a "being safe" way, but in a "I'm going so slow that the speedometer isn't registering this" kind of way). Like an empty mall (save for the pack of unaffliated, creepy, rail-thin white guys that had nasty stubble, tucked-in black tees, tons of gaudy jewelry and loping strides...it was like a Jerry Springer convention). Like a heightened rumor mill ("I heard there was a 5 car accident on 60," "I hear 30 cars wrecked on the expressway," "Did you hear? Like, 79 cars blew up on the way to Chippewa").

But there is snow, and for that I'm am happy!

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 12/07/2006 11:10:00 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home