Day 33

Aping Keith's style (as always) with the date set-up.

Did I ever mention Librarything on here? Probably not.

Librarything is a website with two purposes:

1) It provides a space to list and organize your book collection. I have a lot of books, so this is a great feature as is. I can arrange them on here by author, title, publication, original language, and on and on.

2) It provides a social networking service based around books. Not in the MySpace sense, though; you can see who else has similar books, then browse their libraries to see what you might be interested in. You can how people rated various books, see how people tagged various books, and so on.

Basically, it's a big collective/research tool for book nerds.

My profile is here, and my library is here.

It's a free service, but if you want to catalog more than 250 books you have to pay a bit. It's seriously a fun, useful tool. Check it out, book fans.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 10/08/2006 10:58:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Twixmixy said...

that's so weird that you made a post about this because I just signed up like yesterday.

obviously I'm not much of an avid reader, but I do have an admiration for books and wish I was a more dedicated and able reader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home