#29-- LOST

I appreciate subtly in film and television. The third season premiere of "Lost" was definitely subtle. Some might add "and underwhelming," though I won't be one of them. It was different, for sure, and I can't fault it for that. Too much at least.

Things I liked: (and if you get upset about spoilers, stop reading)

-Any flashback that involves Jack and Christian (his father) gets my attention. They're always well-acted, and Christian is a very compelling and complex character (and a very dead character--yar!)

-The open sequence--with the Others Book Club--was really well-done, especially the quick-moving climax with the crash of Oceanic 815. Still, couldn't get a good look at the Stephen King book they were reading. Guess I'll have to spend hours looking at book jackets online.

-Any inclusion of Tom is a good inclusion. 'Only took the bears two hours.'

-Another hatch? The Hydra indeed. Glug glug glug.

-Ben/"Henry Gale" uses a press pot. Increased sales at BFC&TCo? (pronounced "bifcat")

-Sawyer's reaction after he figured out the Skinner test was amazing. As was his 'they're awesome.'

But yes, there were a few things that concerned me--some of the forced dialogue between Jack and Juliet was...forced. I know they're planning to focus a tad more on romance & action this season, which is OK, but it could veer into schmaltz territory. And the other thing that concerned me was basically along the same lines. Sawyer and Kate...awww. Look at her frown at mean ol' Henry. Look at her pout. Awww. Look at handsome, gruff, roguish Sawyer. Awww.

Ehh.

But I'm optimistic. I liked it. And, as usual, I'm twitching with anticipation for the next episode.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 10/04/2006 10:51:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger RVWarren said...

I was just plain whelmed.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

I thought it was a great episode...such a well-done show and yet I almost don't want to watch because I can't wait for the next one...anyways unless you rather search for it for fun I know which King book they were reading if you want to know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home