#30

Being the neo-Luddite that I am, I've been growing increasingly fed up with automobiles. I use one, yes. Daily even. I wish I didn't, and I wish Western society wasn't based entirely around automobile operation.

Disclaimer: I don't hate cars or anything. They've just become such a crutch to our wounded country since the late '40s, and it just makes me sad.

OK, stay with me here--people need to spend lots of money on gas, and gasoline (pronounced "gazzzzoleeeen" like the guy in Road Warrior) seems to be a constant topic of complaint for folks, but folks drive very far not only to go to work or pick up kids or visit or go to church or school, but also to joyride and kill time and buy things, but this is only because having everything localized is a thing of the past. AND THAT IS A HUGE CONCERN OF MINE, but, ahem, I shan't vent here on that topic. Screw community, we say, 'cause we have six cylinders.

But, the main reason for my bad tidings about cars is that there are many folks on the road that are dangerous. For whatever reason. I hear lots of blame placed on the elderly, but younger drivers and baby boomers are just as much to blame. It's getting to the point where I almost die on a daily basis. There is an intersection at one of the entrances to the Beaver Valley Mall that is SUPER DEADLY. Uphill traffic has the right of way. Opposing traffic not only have stop signs, but also stop stuff written on the ground and giant signs that read UPHILL TRAFFIC HAS RIGHT OF WAY. And though I drive cautiously and gently up the hill, I've almost been hit four times this week so far. One example among many, of course.

Right, I'm really off track. The gist--the aim, if you please--of my ramble is that I think states should start implementing new license renewal processes. Check it out:

I'm just tossing ideas out. I'm have a sinking suspicion that this idea wouldn't ever work, or that I'm being shortsighted about many things. But wow, we--meaning you, me, everyone else--need to stop being so dependent on the Iron Horse.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 10/05/2006 08:19:00 PM,

11 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger RVWarren said...

Or alternatively,

"French kiss community, cause we've got four cylinders"

Or

"Look at hot community, get shy, and wet yourself in public, cause we've got a vespa"

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Twixmixy said...

i wish i literally had an iron horse... that'd be sweet.

not to downsize your post. it's just so commonly talked about with nothing being done. i don't even have a car, so i can't help the problem.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger John Baldauff said...

My car is broken down at the moment so I have my fiance drive me around...forced car-pool.........

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for unwanted cars caboolture
cash for unwanted cars beenleigh

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
car wreckers sydney
scrap cars toowoomba

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
car buyer in sydney
cash for scrap cars sydney

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
sell my car logan
sell car for cash brisbane

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for scrap metal logan
cash for scrap metal ipswich

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Best Cash For Cars Brisbane said...

Thank you very much for giving this useful information. I searched for this information for a long time but was unable to locate a reliable source. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into writing this fantastic essay. Here, I've learned a lot of useful information. It's well worth bookmarking for future reference. A reputable website for cash for cars Caboolture and free car removals Brisbane services can be found here.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger cashforcarsadelaide said...

This is an excellent article. I'm overjoyed to have discovered it. Thank you for providing this information. It's a fascinating read. Here are a few websites in Adelaide, SA that provide dependable and honest Cash for Cars Adelaide and Car Wreckers Adelaide services. If you have an old or undesirable car that you are unable to sell privately due to its need for repairs, this cash for car buying and removal service may be of great assistance to you. Please have a look! Thank you very much!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger A1 Auto Removals said...

The information you provided on this website is quite helpful. Keep up the wonderful work, and may God bless you. Check out the Cash for Cars Adelaide and Car Removals Adelaide services if you need to get rid of an old, trash, or unwanted vehicle while also earning some cash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home