Day 335

My new job has been going well. It's fun, consistently challenging and I feel like I'm making a difference in lots of ways.

I ran into two snags this past Friday, though--my first two real "oops" moments on the job. The first came when a reporter from the local newspaper called and--through some weird circumstances--ended up interviewing me for the paper. Turns out, any time any member of the press calls, there's a certain protocol that I'm supposed to follow. I didn't. I actually didn't know I was supposed to do anything specific, so it was OK in the end. It was especially OK that the article came out well. (Come to think of it, you can read the article here.)

Second "oops:" I wrote a piece for a local business magazine about some of the adult/continued education at Geneva. It was a good article, but it would be a lot better with some quotes from folks that have been through the program. The adult learning department got me the contact info for two people that have been through their programs and would be OK with an interview. So I called. And called. And called. Neither returned any of the calls; I had left about four or five messages to each.

I was running out of time. The article was due Monday (as in this past Monday, which ended less than an hour ago). By the end of the workday yesterday, I was frantic. The people never called back. So I tried one more time.

And I got one of the students, talked to her, and got a great quote for the article less than an hour before I needed to send it in. Talking to her was a good experience, too--I found out the woman had come to know Christ through the program, which is excellent.

These sorts of things--last minute reprieves, in a way--always shake me up in such a way that I can't help but be awed. Thanks God for last minute reprieves.

posted, with grace and poise, by Jason @ 8/07/2007 12:43:00 AM,

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Evie Hemphill said...

Amen to that. Sometimes I really truly survive on His last-minute reprieves.

You're doing a great job in the office, Jason. We're so glad for all your help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home